Giving directions in Portuguese
This is episode 63 and it’s for beginners.
This is a listening and speaking practice episode and we’ll be practicing saying directions. I have talked about giving directions before, way back in episodes 1 and 2. But they focus more on vocabulary and sentence structure, what we’ll practice today.
Here is the context:
Patrícia wants to know the way to the movie theater. So, she asks a person on the street how to get there.
- Desculpe, como é que eu vou para o cinema?
- Para o cinema? Vai sempre em frente até ao fim da rua.
- Depois atravessa o parque.
- Depois do parque chega a um parque de estacionamento e contorna-o.
- Finalmente passa um restaurante do lado esquerdo.
- O cinema fica do outro lado da rua, ao lado da livraria.
How it works:
- I’ll start by stating a fact.
- Next, I’ll ask a series of questions regarding that fact.
- You’ll have a pause that gives you some time to answer.
- Finally, I’ll give you the correct answer before moving on to the next question.
- You also have time to repeat the correct answer.
For this episode, you can also access the podcast related resources. Here you can find:
If you like the episodes and they are useful to you, leave a review on iTunes!!
Listen to the episode
You might also like
Be an insider!
Already have the password for the content vault? Access it here.