Ordering at the restaurant in Portuguese
This is episode 64 and it’s for beginners.
This is a listening and speaking practice episode and we’ll be talking about what’s in the menu at a restaurant. I have talked before about food and being at the restaurant in episodes 19, 20 and 21.
Here is the context:
A tourist opens the menu at a traditional Portuguese restaurant and he scans the available dishes.
- De entrada há sopa de espinafres, azeitonas e pão.
- O prato do dia é um prato de peixe grelhado.
- O acompanhamento são batatas cozidas e couve portuguesa
- De sobremesa há fruta da época.
- O turista chama o empregado de mesa para fazer o pedido.
How it works:
- I’ll start by stating a fact.
- Next, I’ll ask a series of questions regarding that fact.
- You’ll have a pause that gives you some time to answer.
- Finally, I’ll give you the correct answer before moving on to the next question.
- You also have time to repeat the correct answer.
For this episode, you can also access the podcast related resources. Here you can find:
If you like the episodes and they are useful to you, leave a review on iTunes!!
Listen to the episode
You might also like
Be an insider!
Already have the password for the content vault? Access it here.