Paying at the coffee shop
This is episode 65 and it’s for beginners.
This is a listening and speaking practice episode and we’ll be talking about paying at the coffee shop. I have talked before about what you can order to eat and drink at the coffee shop in episodes 27, 28 and 29.
Here is the context:
João ordered something to eat and drink at the coffee shop and he is about to pay.
- O João pediu um café para beber.
- Pediu um pastel de nata para comer.
- Também pediu dois rissóis de camarão para levar.
- O café custa 0,65€.
- O pastel de nata custa 0,75€.
- Os dois rissóis de camarão custam 2€.
- O total da conta são 3,40€.
How it works:
- I’ll start by stating a fact.
- Next, I’ll ask a series of questions regarding that fact.
- You’ll have a pause that gives you some time to answer.
- Finally, I’ll give you the correct answer before moving on to the next question.
- You also have time to repeat the correct answer.
For this episode, you can also access the podcast related resources. Here you can find:
If you like the episodes and they are useful to you, leave a review on iTunes!!
Already have the password for the content vault? Access it here.